MissionTo provide a stimulating environment which fosters a love of learning, promotes independent learners, produces responsible citizens, and interacts with the community to develop each child's potential and self-esteem. Our mission, in partnership with families and our community, is to provide each student a quality education in a safe and nurturing environment.
In order to promote our mission, we seek to:
- Bridge the years between childhood and adolescence with programs structured to meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of all students.
- Inspire life long learners as we meet the academic and social challenges of our adolescence students.
- Provide a curriculum that is relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory so that every student can reach his or her potential.
- Develop independent learners through self-motivation, self-discipline, and acceptance of responsibility.
- Enhance our students' self-esteem by fostering opportunities for success within the educational program.
- Maintain a school climate that savors the wonder, energy, and excitement of all students while giving students a sense of belonging.
- Encourage students and teachers to share in the responsibility of each other's safety and well-being.
- Develop respectful individuals and responsible citizens by modeling good morals and values.
- Use the gift of our school facility to broaden course offerings with an emphasis on the arts and technology.
- Further our commitment to diversity by exploring our differences with enthusiasm and respect for the dignity of each individual.
- Prepare our students to participate with confidence in a rich, complex, and changing society.
- Share with the parents and community the commitment to prepare students for their roles in an ever-changing society.
VisionThe Nelson Mandela/Dr. Hosea Zollicoffer is committed to producing lifelong learners that are college bound, career ready, and are able to compete in a global society. Achievement today for an exceptional tomorrow!